After Hours Wednesday - September 21st
5:15PM FELLOWSHIP SUPPER is served in the Fellowship Hall $6 for adults and $4 for children ages 3 to 10 with a $20 family maximum. On the menu this week: Roast beef po boys w/ gravy, seasoned potato wedges & dessert.
WILL YOU BE JOINING US FOR SUPPER? Let us know by making a reservation! (Reservation deadline - Tuesday at noon)
6:00pm Fellowship, worship & studies
• FAITH AND POLITICS IN THE LIFE OF MOSES - Join Pastor Lynn in the Fellowship Hall.
• “WHO ARE WE?” UNITED METHODIST BELIEFS AND PRACTICES - Join Pastor Chris in Room 42 (across from the Fellowship Hall).
• MEN’S BIBLE STUDY - Facilitated by Mitch Reppond and held in Room 12 (Generation Hope Classroom), will be studying The Kingdom Man by Tony Evans.
• WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY - Facilitated by Megan McClanahan and held in Room 16 (Aldersgate Classroom), will read Undaunted: Daring to do what God calls you to do by Christine Caine.
• RISE LIFE (7TH - 12TH GRADE) - Studying Echo the Story 12. The youth will meet in girls and guys small groups upstairs in the youth room.
• CHILDREN (PREK - 6TH GRADE) will meet in the K2 Room.
• NURSERY will be provided for ages 6 weeks to 4 years.
IT’S TIME FOR THE PUMPKIN PATCH!! Pumpkins will be here Tuesday, September 27th at 4:00 p.m. with taco soup to follow in the Fellowship Hall. Be sure to check the Great Hall to sign up to volunteer for your shift in October as well.
ANNUAL SCHOOL PRAYER WALK at Jack Hayes Elementary will be September 27th after the unloading of the pumpkins. Anyone who is available and would like to join Pastor Lynn at Jack Hayes Elementary at 7:00 p.m. to pray for the school, administration and students are invited.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1ST Brittney Malone Photography will be offering 20 minute family photo shoots and picture packages in the Pumpkin Patch for $75, with all proceeds going to support the Patch. Contact Brittney at BRITTNEYMALONEPHOTOGRAPHY@gmail.com to schedule your session.
MEN AT WORK our monthly men’s luncheon will be Tuesday, September 27th, at noon in the Fellowship Hall. Our speaker this month will be Rev. Gary Willis, District Superintendent of the Monroe District of the UMC. Plan to bring a friend and join us!
VAN DRIVER NEEDED! STAIR (Start The Adventure In Reading) program, is in need of volunteer van drivers. Please contact Chris in the church office or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help this vital ministry.
SOUL COUNCIL invites all women of the church and guests to a WOMEN’S CONFERENCE & LUNCHEON “Struggling with Life? - Powering through the struggles of life by growing in Christ and Christian friendships.”on October 8th, 9:00 a.m. til 1:00 p.m. featuring international speaker, Jacquelyn Pierce. We will have open registration Sept. 18th, 25th & Oct. 2nd in the Fellowship Hall after the 9:30 a.m. service and outside the narthex after the 10:50 a.m. service. For more information call Kristin Gay 318-376-4053
BOOK NOOK will meet Sunday, October 9th at 4:00 p.m. in the Parlor to read Malcolm Gladwell's book, Outliers: The Story of Success, a fascinating, entertaining, thought-provoking book about real people. Some paperback copies are available from Nancy Meinel Sunday in the Aldersgate classroom.
WE WILL BE TAKING A TEAM TO SOUTH LOUISIANA for flood restoration work October 13th-15th. We will be going to Clinton, LA after work on Thursday and return Saturday evening. Contact Chris in the church office or at email@example.com to reserve your spot or for more information.
IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO SIGN UP FOR J-FORCE! Find registration forms in the Great Hall or register online at www.fumcmonroela.org.