LET US WORSHIP TOGETHER
NEW SUNDAY MORNING SCHEDULE
8:30 a.m. First Light Worship in the Sanctuary
9:00 a.m. New Beginnings Contemporary Worship in the Fellowship Hall
9:30 a.m. Fellowship Time in the Parlor
10:00 a.m. Sunday School for all
11:00 a.m. Traditional Worship in the Sanctuary
After Hours Wednesday - January 24
5:15PM FELLOWSHIP SUPPER
Served in the Fellowship Hall $7 for adults and $5 for children ages 3 to 10 with a $24 family maximum. On the menu this week: Broccoli, rice & chicken casserole, bread, salad and dessert.
WILL YOU BE JOINING US FOR SUPPER?
Reservation deadline - Tuesdays at noon.
6:00PM FELLOWSHIP, WORSHIP & STUDIES
• STUDY WITH PASTOR LYNN - Five-week study entitled “Singing with the Saints.” Held in the Fellowship Hall.
• STUDY WITH PASTOR SHAWN - “Difficult Conversations in Parenting.” Held in room 42 (across from the Fellowship Hall)
• MEN’S BIBLE STUDY - Facilitated by Chris Rizzo and held in room 12 (Generation Hope Classroom), will be studying Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman.
• WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY - Facilitated by Megan McClanahan and held in the Garden Room, will be studying “Curve Balls… becoming grounded in the Father while bracing for what lies ahead.”
• RISE LIFE (7TH - 12TH GRADE) - Held in the Youth Room.
• BRIDGE (4TH, 5TH & 6TH GRADE) - Meet in the K2 Room.
• KID’S KINGDOM (K - 3RD GRADE) - Meet in the K2 Room.
• NURSERY - Provided for ages 6 weeks to 4 years. 3 and 4 year olds participate in their own Bible lesson and activities. All nursery children meet in the 3 year old classroom.
INTERESTED IN JOINING FUMC MONROE? Our next First Connection Class will be January 21 at 4:00 p.m. in the church parlor. The first step to membership at FUMC Monroe is to attend First Connection. Call Linda in the church office & register. Childcare is provided upon request.
BOOK NOOK will meet in the Parlor, Sunday January 21, 2018 at 4:00 p.m., to discuss Wonder by R.J. Palacio. Ouachita Public Library has 6 copies of this YA book which has been made into a movie, starring Julia Roberts. All are welcome!
CROSS CONNECTION will be Sunday, January 21 from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. at Trinity United Methodist Church of Ruston. The Monroe District welcomes all students grades 6th - 12th to gather for a district night of worship.
PONYTAIL CANASTA GROUP will play Monday, January 22 at 1:00p.m. in the Garden Room for experienced players or those who want to learn. Plan to attend and invite a friend or two for some friendly competition and fellowship.
UNITED CHRISTIAN ASHRAMS will be February 8 -10 at First United Methodist Church in West Monroe. Brochures available in the church office.
THE CARNIVAL FAMILY BONFIRE will be February 11 at 5:30 p.m. in the east parking lot. Join us for a fun time and good food around the fire.
OWL SALSAS AND JELLIES are available for purchase at the table located by the church office door. Jelly is $6 and salsa is $5 a jar. Proceeds benefit the United Methodist Children’s Home in Ruston.
TEXT-TO-GIVE IS NOW AVAILABLE! Text any amount to 84321 to give. You will be asked to set up a payment method and from that point forward, giving will be as simple as sending a text. For more info go to FUMCMONROELA.ORG/GIVE