After Hours Wednesday - September 27
5:15PM FELLOWSHIP SUPPER
Served in the Fellowship Hall $7 for adults and $5 for children ages 3 to 10 with a $24 family maximum. On the menu this week: Frito pie, salad and dessert
WILL YOU BE JOINING US FOR SUPPER?
Reservation deadline - Tuesdays at noon.
6:00PM FELLOWSHIP, WORSHIP & STUDIES
• PASTOR STUDY WITH SHAWN HORNSBY - Exploration of Isaiah looking at the major themes of sin, redemption, suffering, exile, grace, salvation, and more. Held in the Fellowship Hall.
• FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY - Facilitated by Danny Pruett in room 42 (across from the Fellowship Hall).
• MEN’S BIBLE STUDY - Facilitated by Chris Rizzo and held in room 12 (Generation Hope Classroom), will be studying Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman.
• WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY - Facilitated by Megan McClanahan and held in the Garden Room, will be studying A Woman Overwhelmed: A Bible Study on the Life of Mary, Mother of Jesus by Hayley DiMarco.
• RISE LIFE (7TH - 12TH GRADE) - Held in the Youth Room.
• BRIDGE (4TH, 5TH & 6TH GRADE) - Meet in the K2 Room.
• KID’S KINGDOM (K - 3RD GRADE) - Meet in the K2 Room.
• NURSERY - Provided for all ages 6 weeks to 4 years. 3 and 4 year olds participate in their own Bible lesson and activities. All nursery children meet in the 3 year old classroom.
COME HELP US UNLOAD PUMPKINS!! Pumpkins will be here Thursday, September 28 at 4:00 p.m. with taco soup in the Fellowship Hall to follow. The Great Pumpkins are up! Be sure to stop by and sign up for a shift at the patch.
PUMPKIN PATCH PRAYER VIGIL 6:30 a.m. October 1 thru 6:30 a.m. October 2. Don’t forget to sign up in the hallway for a 30 minute time slot. You can use our prayer guide to help you pray for our pumpkin patch, the children to visit, the servants who work it, and the missions supported by the patch during your time.
PONYTAIL CANASTA GROUP will play Monday, September 25 at 1 p.m. in the Garden Room for experienced players or those who want to learn. Plan to attend and invite a friend or two for some friendly competition and fellowship.
FLOOD RELIEF UPDATE: Phase 1 of our Flood Relief Plan has gone superbly thanks to your generous and diligent response. Next, Pastor Shawn and others will lead teams to the LA/TX border Oct. 20-22 and Nov. 17-20 to help homeowners. Contact him if you want to participate. More dates will come forward as they are confirmed. For now, we will focus our efforts on LA & TX and allow others to respond to the need in Florida. Let us continue to pray for all those affected around us!
PICTORIAL DIRECTORIES ARE STILL AVAILABLE! If you haven’t picked yours up yet please stop by the church office to get your copy. If you would like a copy, but did not have your picture taken, they are $5 a piece.
SEPTEMBER IS HUNGER ACTION MONTH. Our children are collecting peanut butter and tuna fish after each worship service during September. Donations will go to the Food Bank of Northeast Louisiana.
BOOK NOOK will meet Sunday, September 24 at 4:00 p.m. in the Parlor. This year the Ouachita Parish Public Library has selected 6 books for it’s River Reads Summer Reading Program. Please come prepared to discuss at least one book you have read from the list.
DISTRICT WIDE CHARGE CONFERENCE will be October 1 here at FUMC Monroe. We are in need of church members willing to serve as hosts. Contact the church office if you are able to help with this event.
“CANYON COUNTRY” (featuring Arizona & Utah) registration deadline for the church trip April 12-20, 2018, to the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion, Kaibab National Forest Oak Creek Canyon, Scottsdale, Sedona, Lake Powell, and Las Vegas, is October 5th.
HAND CRAFTED OLIVE ART FROM THE HOLY LAND: November 12 we will have a special opportunity to view products and creations in wood created by the hands of Christian artisans in and around the Holy Land region. We invite you to visit their display tables and view some of the finest handcrafts available from the Holy Land. You can also visit their website BETHLEHEM-ART.COM
INTERESTED IN JOINING FUMC MONROE? Our next First Connection Class will be September 24 at 4:00 p.m. in the church parlor. The first step to membership at FUMC Monroe is to attend First Connection. Call Linda in the church office & register. Childcare is provided upon request.
OWL SALSAS AND JELLIES available for purchase at the table located by the church office door. Jelly is $6 and salsa is $5 a jar. Proceeds benefit the United Methodist Children's Home in Ruston.
TEXT-TO-GIVE IS NOW AVAILABLE! Text any amount to 84321 to give. You will be asked to set up a payment method and from that point forward, giving will be as simple as sending a text. For more info go to FUMCMONROELA.ORG/GIVE