After Hours Wednesday - December 14
5:15PM FELLOWSHIP SUPPER is served in the Fellowship Hall $6 for adults and $4 for children ages 3 to 10 with a $20 family maximum. On the menu this week: Gumbo, rice, salad & dessert.
WILL YOU BE JOINING US FOR SUPPER? Let us know by making a reservation! (Reservation deadline - Tuesday at noon)
6:00pm Fellowship, worship & studies
• ADVENT STUDY WITH REV. J. RODDY TAYLOR - In Isaiah 9:6, a divine utterance is given to us using four royal titles– Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace. Join us as we ponder each title and its meaning in our lives. The study will be in the Fellowship Hall.
• WOMEN’S BIBLE STUDY - Facilitated by Megan McClanahan and held in the Garden Room, will be studying The Redemption of Scrooge by Matt Rawle.
• MEN’S BIBLE STUDY - Facilitated by Mitch Reppond and held in Room 12 (Generation Hope Classroom), will be studying The Kingdom Man by Tony Evans.
• RISE LIFE (7TH - 12TH GRADE) - Studying Echo the Story 12. The youth will meet in girls and guys small groups upstairs in the youth room.
• CHILDREN (PREK - 6TH GRADE) will meet in the K2 Room.
• NURSERY will be provided for ages 6 weeks to 4 years.
BE A PART OF OUR LENTEN DEVOTIONAL! Believe it or not the Lenten season is not far away. Help us prepare by writing a devotional. To sign up or for more information call Linda Walker or Olivia Pruett in the church office. Deadline is February 1.
OWL Salsas and Fruit Jellies (Muscadine, Blackberry, Black and Blue (a combo of Blackberry & Blueberry)) are available on the table by the office. A donation of $6 for jellies and $5 for salsas goes to the Ruston United Methodist Children’s Home.
MINISTRY OF H.O.P.E Christmas gifts, to be delivered to our homebound members, are located on the table across from the church receptionist desk. To be a part of this Congregational Care Ministry, contact Nannette White or Debbie McLemore.
BRIDGE table captains, don’t forget to call in your table reservation to Nannette White by noon Mon., Dec. 12th for our Wed., Dec. 14th Bridge Day in the Friendship Classroom from 1-4 p.m.
CHILDREN’S PROGRAM PARENT MEETING Sunday December 18th in the K2 room at 10:30 a.m. or 11:50 a.m. depending on which worship service you attend. All parents of children (babies to 6th graders) need to join us for this important meeting.
LAST CHANCE TO ORDER POINSETTIAS! If you would like to place a poinsettia in the church in memory or in honor of someone or if you would like to make a donation to Christmas Beauty in honor or memory of someone, you may do so by stopping in the Great Hall and filling out an order form. Poinsettias are $10.00 each. The deadline to order is December 12th. You can pick up red poinsettias on December 18th after the 10:50 a.m. service and white poinsettias on December 24th after the 6:00 p.m. service.
OUR VAN MINISTRY is available to assist those with transportation problems or mobility issues to Sunday School and church on Sunday mornings. Contact Bob Ford at 343-0668.
INTERESTED IN JOINING FUMC MONROE? Our next First Connection Class will be January 22nd from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. in the church parlor. The first step to membership at FUMC Monroe is to attend First Connection. Call Linda in the church office & register. Childcare is provided upon request.
CHRISTMAS FOR THE CHILDREN
Sunday, December 11 at 10:00 a.m.
One service only
Sunday School at 9:00 a.m.
CHRISTMAS UNDER THE STARS
Sunday, December 18 at 5:30 p.m.
Featuring the movie Prancer
East parking lot
CONTEMPORARY CHRISTMAS EVE SERVICE
Saturday, December 24 at 4:00 p.m.
CHRISTMAS EVE CANDLELIGHT COMMUNION
Saturday, December 24 at 6:00 p.m.
CHRISTMAS DAY SERVICE
Sunday, December 25 at 10:00 a.m.
One service only
NO Sunday School